Saturday, September 12, 2026

RETR@migo: September 12, 2008

Ooooooh.... I get it now. Naomi loves thrifting. She regularly reports in with us about her latest, amazing haul of cool treasures. Apparently she acquired her thrifting gene from me. Or it was a learned behavior at a time when she was at an impressionable age.  


 

Hello. My name is Jenny S. I am an addict. I have been in control for 7 days now, however, the overwhelming 'gotta have it' feeling keeps coming back. I thought it was a passing phase, but now I realize I can't stop. Maybe I need help.

You see, I can't stop shopping. It's not that I want to go shopping for the latest techno gadget or for a Coach purse or a pair of $200 jeans. No, I can't stop myself from spending $5 for a soccer ball, 3 books and a Thomas train for Naomi!

I just can't help it...the resale inventory literally changes daily as new "treasures" arrive. I hate to think I might miss out on a Dora toy or game or puzzle at an unbelievable price. How can I resist an endless supply of books for only 59 cents each?? How can I resist the ever-changing variety of toys that cost under $2 yet provide priceless together-time?? Magnadoodle artwork, indoor bowling, alphabet block towers, puppet shows, jack-n-the-box surprises, tea party with floppy hats, Dora backpack explorations. The shelves are full of interesting toys and adventures that are just waiting to happen. I can't control myself. I think I need help.

Hello. My name is Jenny S. I am a resale junkie.

No comments:

Post a Comment