Wednesday, August 19, 2026

RETR@migo: August 19, 2009

Aaaaaand... she never ate another burger again! So what does that do to the science? Conclusion: ya never know. 🤷

The commercial for the new Whataburger Chop House Cheddar Burger has caught my eye lately, enough so that I actually stopped to get one for lunch on Sunday. (delicious btw, although the blood flowing thru my veins felt a little thicker afterward) Anyway, I ordered Jenny a Whataburger (lettuce, tomato, pickle & mustard) and Naomi a Justaburger (plain). Now, Naomi hadn't ever had a hamburger before, but I figured if she didn't eat it, I would, so no risk.

Anyway, when I get home, hand Naomi the Justaburger and say "here ya go, I got you your own hamburger for lunch." She unwraps it, lifts the top bun and says "hey!" while looking a little confused. At this same time, Jenny sits down with some extra pickles for her burger (yeah, she's pregnant), but before she can do anything with em, Naomi says "I have an idea" and starts putting em on her plain burger. Satisfied with her now slightly more fixed burger, she picks it up one handed and starts eating it like she's done it a thousand times before.

Conclusion: Eating a hamburger is a skill that requires no training. It's instinct.

(i plan to repeat this fascinating experiment in the future with other first time foods - science!)

No comments:

Post a Comment