Tuesday, August 4, 2026

The Big 2-0

No longer a teenager. 

It sounds so cliche to say "I can't put it into words"...but I really can't. It's difficult to meaningfully describe the feelings and emotions you go thru over the years watching your kid grow from a 1-DAY-old infant into a 20-YEAR-old adult. I tried 19 years ago to articulate things. Thankfully it has been documented and captured in glimpses and snippets along the way. 

They say: The days are long but the years are short. How true and accurate that is. 

Naomi's strong, unique, positive, creative personality has stayed true since the beginning. She has grown into her humor, her intelligence, her confidence and her passions. I think she is a lovely blend of Jeff and I, but definitely her own style, interests and motivations. Some things I can relate to, others I just have to smile and appreciate that she is offering the world around her something only she can give. 

Her latest tricks are not quite what they used to be as in the first years of life, but watching her mature into adulthood and become more independent is amazing to witness. She makes and owns her decisions. How she spends her time. How she spends her money. Who she hangs out with. What she does and what she chooses not to do. What she expends her energy on. What she is passionate about. And I absolutely do love and admire her passion -- she is not afraid to express it. If you want to experience it, ask her about Fall and how she likes to study.




She's got this.

Happy 20th birthday, Naomi! What an incredible human being you are and we love you so very much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment