As Jeff has captured throughout 2026, we've been to a number of concerts. All of them are with artists that I don't regularly listen to these days. In fact, some of the songs at the concerts I haven't heard in years -- those songs just don't come up on my playlist or radio station now. But these are songs that I used to listen to regularly and sang-along with over and over in my younger years.
And thus, something amazing has been happening at the concerts we attend. As soon as the song starts and my brain recognizes the rhythm from some dusty archive deep in my memory, I can sing all the words! I'm not able to retrieve the song title or consciously recall the lyrics beforehand. But once the music begins, the words just miraculously roll out -- right on beat! It is incredible. And honestly, it's fascinating to me.
This magic happened recently at the Lionel Richie and Styx and Chicago concert we attended.
I suspect there is science to explain this (of course there is). But I'll just call it the amazing mystery of life and the incredible power of music and the brain.
![]() |
| (AI Generated by ChatGPT) |

No comments:
Post a Comment