I mean... I had to. Or rather, WE had to, since Jenny and I both decided to take in this one. Coming of age in the 80s, how could we not?
Never a favorite, but always on, Lionel Richie is another one of those artists ya can't help but know. And of course, nostalgia is powerful! Cheap tickets and an opportunity to pregame at El Fenix downtown sealed the deal. Let's go!
As ubiquitous as Lionel Richie was in the 80s, it's his time with The Commodores in the 70s that I've always leaned into. Songs like Easy, Sail On and Lady (not that one) don't have the pep of his solo work, and they're better for it! (I don't hate fun, but I'm down with the downbeat.) Jenny is there for the upbeat. So, something for everyone. 👍
Easy
All Night Long
We Are The World
All in, a solid performance from a solid hitmaker, and a fun night out. Ending with We Are The World is both cheesy and nostalgic. A guilty pleasure. Best just to go with it, and enjoy the feels.
As an opener, Earth, Wind & Fire was mixed, mostly because we only knew about 3-4 of their songs. I think I expected more because of name recognition. With over a dozen people on stage, most of them too young to be Earth, Wind or Fire, this felt more like The Earth, Wind & Fire REVUE! Sounded good, but ya know, whatever.






No comments:
Post a Comment